This position is responsible for assisting with the administration and support of employee benefit
programs for client companies as well as administration as directed by EB Account Manager and
- Maintain Client and Carrier relationships; handle day to day questions, changes, and employee claim issues
- Assist with renewal and marketing process
- Request and review plan contacts from carriers for accuracy
- Coordinate Open Enrollment meetings; create and distribute communications
- Update rates and plans with online enrollment vendor(s); deliver plans, summaries, and other materials to necessary parties
- Assist in new carrier implementation
- Build and manage benefit operating systems throughout the year
- Create various employee communication documents: Open Enrollment materials, new hire guides, etc.
- Act as backup for Account Manager and Account Executive
- Ability to multi‐task efficiently, to understand urgency, and to be flexible with everchanging priorities and deadlines.
- Must work well with others in a fast‐paced, customer service oriented environment and to be responsive to co‐workers and colleagues. Must also work independently, with minimal
supervision and have the ability to take initiative and create solutions.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and implement other programs quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to screen details and identify potential discrepancies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional telephone etiquette.
- Strong problem‐solving skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years HR, Carrier, EB experience required
- Insurance industry background or knowledge of group products strongly preferred.