- Management of ongoing client service relationships for 18-25 clients.
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with Clients, Producers and Internal Partners.
- An average of 25-40% of time out of the office and overnight travel should be expected periodically.
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Install new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
- Administer renewals, including preparing appropriate contractual changes.
- Conduct employee meetings.
- Prepare 5500s and summary annual reports for clients.
- Inform clients of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA compliance measures.
- Develop employee memorandum drafts for client to communicate the following: annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Remains informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
TRAINING WILL INCLUDE:
- On-site ongoing training provided for all above duties.
- Offsite training as required for continuing education requirements.
CORE JOB OBJECTIVES:
- Establish effective working relationship with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers.
- Demonstrate a “whatever it takes” attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key Thompson Flanagan initiatives.
- Work with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Work with all clients and partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Respond to requests from all Clients and Partners by stated timeframes.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Consistently be on time for work and all scheduled meetings and training classes.
- Review emails within 24 hours, client voicemails within 2-4 hours.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- Minimum 3 years prior group insurance experience.
- 4-year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
- Must currently hold life and disability insurance license (or must obtain it within 4 months of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows 2003, Excel, Word.
- Prior customer service experience is preferred.