- Work directly with Producer(s) and Account Manager to administer applications, answer application questions by the insureds.
- Review completed applications and determine competitive carriers to approach with the applications.
- Negotiate new and renewal terms with various underwriters.
- Stay involved in each step of the process and be prepared to answer questions directly from the insured or underwriters.
- Participate in meetings and/or conference calls with insureds and underwriters.
- Work with Account Managers to have proposals created, revised and finalized.
- Responsible for sending proposals to the insured, answering any questions and binding coverage.
- Responsible for sending binding documents and ensuring policies are delivered to insureds.
- All the above duties pertain to both new and renewal business.
- The above duties will be performed in both a lead broker capacity as well as a back-up/cobrokered role depending on the account.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances,
- Professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word.
- Active IL Property & Casualty Insurance License is preferred (or be able to obtain ASAP).
CORE JOB OBJECTIVES:
- Establish effective working relationship with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers.
- Demonstrate a “whatever it takes” attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key Thompson Flanagan initiatives.
- Work with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Work with all clients and partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Respond to requests from all Clients and Partners by stated timeframes.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Consistently be on time for work and all scheduled meetings and training classes.
- Review emails within 24 hours, client voicemails within 2-4 hours.
About Thompson Flanagan:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier independent insurance brokerage firm focused on delivering consistently superior results within a collegial environment that encourages a culture of excellence, respect, teamwork and integrity—”We are Driving a Culture of Success.” Founded in 2004, we combine years of experience with leading-edge products to provide exceptional service and value to our customers. Located in Chicago, we work with companies across the United States. We are primarily known for our work in specialty and niche insurance products; however, we also provide expertise in traditional commercial insurance and health and benefits products.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.