Assistant Vice President
Thompson Flanagan Executive Liability Group, LLC
- Management of ongoing client service relationships for 18‐25 clients.
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with carriers, clients, producers and internal
- An average of 15‐25% of time out of the office and overnight travel should be expected
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Handel both new business and renewal business accounts from a marketing & service
- Conduct employee, carrier and client meetings.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Remains informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with intent to pursue an
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in
Core Job Objectives:
- Establish effective working relationship with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers.
- Demonstrate a “whatever it takes” attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key
Thompson Flanagan initiatives.
- Work with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all
- Work with all clients and partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Respond to requests from all Clients and Partners by stated time frames.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Consistently be on time for work and all scheduled meetings and training classes.
- Review emails within 24 hours, client voicemails within 2‐4 hours.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Minimum of 3 years prior commercial insurance experience.
- 4 year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
- Must currently hold insurance license (or must obtain it within 3 months of employment) and
retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self‐check work.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances,
professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self‐motivated, creative and innovative.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word.
- Prior customer service experience is preferred.
About Thompson Flanagan
Thompson Flanagan is a premier independent insurance brokerage firm focused on delivering consistently superior results within a collegial environment that encourages a culture of excellence, respect, teamwork and integrity—”We are Driving a Culture of Success.” Founded in 2004, we combine years of experience with leading-edge products to provide exceptional service and value to our customers. Located in Chicago, we work with companies across the United States. We are primarily known for our work in specialty and niche insurance products; however, we also provide expertise in traditional commercial insurance and health and benefits products.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.