Vice President/Senior Vice President
Thompson Flanagan – Lawyers Professional Liability
Full service commercial insurance brokerage firm is seeking a Vice President/Senior Vice President in their Lawyers Professional Liability division to service current large and middle-market law firms. In addition, will work with the team on producing new large and middle-market law firm clients.
- Work in conjunction with other senior brokers on large law clients.
- Work directly with Thompson Flanagan’s largest law firm clients on current insurance programs.
- Work with the team towards generating new business that helps meet an annual group new business sales goal.
- Engage and create a consultative sales role to explain features, advantages, and disadvantages of various insurance policies to clients and prospects.
- Work directly with law firm clients to administer applications and answer various questions throughout the process.
- Become knowledgeable in specific insurance company appetites to implement competitive marketing strategies for each opportunity.
- Market, negotiate, and broker new and renewal quotes/opportunities with underwriters.
- Work with Account Coordinators/Managers to create formal proposals, present terms to the insured, and bind coverage (close opportunities).
- Responsible for sending binding documents and ensuring policies are delivered to insureds.
- Participate in meetings and/or conference calls with the insured and/or underwriters.
- Responsible for attending industry events and social gatherings to cultivate, grow, and maintain relationships with clients and underwriters.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Preferred a minimum of 8+ years of insurance experience.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to identify and tackle a variety of issues.
- Proven track record of sales success in the past.
- Ability to work with a variety of team members based on different client/prospect needs.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct business activities.
- Ability to maintain communication with the professional liability team.
- Active IL Property & Casualty License is preferred (or be able to obtain ASAP).
- High level knowledge of computer and word processing programs such as Microsoft Office Programs and Agency Management Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Thompson Flanagan
Thompson Flanagan is a premier independent insurance brokerage firm focused on delivering consistently superior results within a collegial environment that encourages a culture of excellence, respect, teamwork and integrity—”We are Driving a Culture of Success.” Founded in 2004, we combine years of experience with leading-edge products to provide exceptional service and value to our customers. Located in Chicago, we work with companies across the United States. We are primarily known for our work in specialty and niche insurance products; however, we also provide expertise in traditional commercial insurance and health and benefits products.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.